removing/changing cygwin
Joffy
2014-10-15 18:11:19 UTC
Hey, i set up cygwin for netbeans 7.something and it didnt work, I read on another forum post they had the same sort of issue that im having so someone said to change to mingw. But how do I get rid of cygwin so that netbeans doesnt try to use it and instead uses mingw?
Alexander Simon
2014-10-15 18:43:53 UTC
Post by Joffy
Hey, i set up cygwin for netbeans 7.something and it didnt work, I read on another forum post they had the same sort of issue that im having so someone said to change to mingw. But how do I get rid of cygwin so that netbeans doesnt try to use it and instead uses mingw?
Hi Joffy,

Simplest way is rename cygwin folder (for example to cygwin~).
Start IDE, open tools options, C/C++, build tools and press restore
defaults.

Alexander
Joffy
2014-10-17 13:02:34 UTC
ALright, and once thats done how would i then set it to use minGW? I have it downloaed and installed and changed my path to add it.
Joffy
2014-10-19 14:52:39 UTC
Done this now, thanks for the help