refresh (virtual) folder nodes on external configuration change
Thorsten Schemm
2014-04-25 09:11:37 UTC
I recently posted this on the wrong mailing list it seems. I just found
out about this CND list and would like to ask you for help:

I have a C++ project created by selecting 'C/C++ Application' from the
new project wizard. How can I force the Project Explorer's folder nodes
to refresh on external changes of the nbproject/configurations.xml file?

The CND project implementation seems to properly catch external file
modifications because the debug output prints stuff like this whenever
the configurations.xml is changed:
Configuration updated:
0 deleted items
0 added items
0 changed items
.. with correct numbers of course. So internally things seem to catch up
fine.

Unfortunately the project explorer nodes do not seem to change when
adding logicalFolders and item/itemPath combinations.

Is there an API that a plugin could use to trigger a node refresh
manually? I have tried a few methods like
org.netbeans.modules.cnd.makeproject.ui.ProjectNodesRefreshSupport.refreshProjectNodes(..)
via sneaky reflection, but it does not make any visual difference.